Being a mom is tough work. Like really tough.
I like to look back and laugh about how I used to think I had all the answers--you know, when I was 16 and knew everything? I've since forgotten all that I used to know. But here is one thing I do know. My kids are hil-a-rious. I think that is God's way of putting the cherry on top of the sundae--a very messy sundae. Here are some joyful verbage I've enjoyed this week.
'A boy named Sue' by Johnny Cash was playing on the radio. Lou (4) says "Mom I don't like this singer."
"Why not?" I ask
"Because he has a funny voice."
"Yeah, it is a bit different isn't it?"
"Yeah. He sounds like a farmer......that never went to school."
"Yeah. He sounds like a farmer......that never went to school."
Tater-tot would not eat his lunch. He would do everything BUT eat his lunch. When DH told him to sit down and eat or go to the corner, tater-tot replies "I would go eat my lunch, if you'd quit buggin me!"
When I asked Tater-tot if he was excited for Valentines Day,
he replied "NO! And I don't want to be a Valentine Boy. AND I DON'T want to wear pink. You can't make me!!!'
During church, with 35 minutes still to go, Tater-tot points to the clock on the wall and says "See that clock mom? It says it's time to go home! We better listen, or we'll be late!"
Lou is convinced you go to the store to 'buy' a baby--and she really wants us to buy a baby girl next. When DH was getting ready to go to work on day, Lou told him "Dad, go to work. You need to make more money so you can go buy us a baby girl."
Lou: "Mom, I must be getting older."
"Why do you say that?"
"Because I keep calling people by the wrong name like you and grandma always do."
One of the kids great-grandmothers brought them over a Valentine's treat. Later, when Lou was talking to Grandma (who is great-grandma's daughter), went something like this:
"Hi Grandma, Happy Valentines Day. You're mother brought me a treat, but she didn't bring you one did she?"
Somedays, it's just one funny saying that can turn the day around, and today I am thankful for that.
I have to say, I love your posts about your adorable kids and the funny things they say! Thanks so much for sharing!
ReplyDelete