Monday, May 9, 2011

Found a Peanut

Hello world.

I know it's been awhile, but if I have a good excuse, is that okay? 

Just a few days after DH (that's Dear Husband, for those who are wondering) celebrated our 6th year anniversary, we also found out that we are expecting yet another wee little one to join our familia. I am due November 24th--the day before Turkey Day and I for one am glad I'll be able to pig out to my hearts desire without having a foot shoving into my lung like it's playing a Tether Ball championship.  We have confirmed via ultrasound that there is in fact only one little peanut with a perfect little heartbeat. We are excited and scared.  Babies: their tough work. They mean business.

There are many things that are amazing to me about the developing baby, but how something so itty-bitty can make a woman so sick tops them all for me.  I'm pretty sure that DH was certain his other half had turned into a vegetable--one that mumbles and murmers and cries. I kid you not that I have been unable to get out of bed for days on end.  It was so bad I was certain I was going to have some wicked cool bed sores to show off.  But, there is opposition in all things right? (And in this case, ironically, the opposition is the positive side of things).  Morning sickness can't be all bad. So I decided to jot down some things that are more on the upside.

1. The coke addict is healed.  For years I have tried to stop drinking coke.  I have tried it all. Mind you, I'm not addicted to caffeine. I've always been pretty sure caffeine just didn't affect me. It's just the bubbly feeling in my mouth it gives me. I don't even really like the taste of it. Why I drink it is a mystery, even to me. I drank it in my previous pregnancies, but this one--no way, no how. I couldn't even stand to look at it.  So morning sickness brought out an aversion to my addiction.  And on an even better note, I have confirmed caffeine doesn't affect me, as I had no caffeine withdrawals at all (unless of course they were lost in the midst of the morning sickness....hmmmm).

2.  "I'm pregnant." This is the best excuse for every no-good reason out there. I can use it on everything! And although it may get old to some people, I still love to use it.  I get the best seat because I'm pregnant.  I get to send DH to the store at midnight because I'm pregnant. I get to eat breakfast, lunch and dinner (and boxes of saltines) in my bed because I am pregnant.  I get to take 2 hour baths because I'm pregnant.  I can cry to my heart's content (or would it be discontent?) because...everyone say it with me now...I'm pregnant! And the best part is?? This excuse stays true the entire 9 (10) months!  Yay!

3. Ice cream is always an option. What can I say? It sounds good (or, as I say in the beginning 'doable') always. Always. Like, always.

Okay, so that's all I got.

Lou kept me sick for 14 weeks, Tater-tot took me to closer to 20. By golly, this baby better not be trying to beat 'em both, but my kids seem to have a sick sense of humor like that (get it, sick?? Haha), so we shall see. But at least in the end, I'll have a little peanut to hold. Oooh...that can be pro #4. It's probably sad that I didn't think of that earlier huh?

Stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. I am SO happy you are blogging again. I admire you SO much. You are AWESOME!
    Thank you again for your help in getting my blog set up. You are such a wonderful friend.

    ReplyDelete